Home italy The Beautiful People Of Italy At A Glance: Summer Italian Style

The Beautiful People Of Italy At A Glance: Summer Italian Style

written by M.E. Evans August 27, 2015

Italy is beautiful, there’s no denying it, but it’s not just the country that’s pretty. Sure, it’s full of amazing architecture, rolling green hills, and lovely blue skies. The really beautiful things in Italy, though, are the people.  Seriously, it’s totally unfair to the rest of the world. Even the old people are adorable and stylish and I just want to frame them all over my house or lock them in a glass case to just look at them. Seriously, LOOK AT THEM. With that olive skin, the stylish clothes, and the booming confidence, it’s impossible not to stare.

I took these photos throughout Italy from Cellole to Florence. It doesn’t hurt that the backdrops only highlight how goddamn cute the people are with their stupid pretty skin and irritatingly badass hair. I love the summer clothes too, loose fabrics, bold colors, tribal patterns, and low cut v-necks with jeans or slacks despite the 100-degree heat. That is some serious dedication.

Probably the most irritating thing about Italians is that they know how damn cute they are (why wouldn’t they?). The emphasis on beauty and aesthetics is one if the reasons that so much care goes into the way the individuals look, the way the country looks. For this reason, Italy will always be one of my favorite places for fashion and style.

Michelle August 27, 2015 at 8:09 am

That couple with the matching neon! So fabulous.

Patricia Terry August 27, 2015 at 8:39 am

Oh yeah–all Italians live by “la bella figura” imperative, regardless of age or profession or social class. It’s fabulous people-watching, in every piazza, in every city and town throughout the country. As a child, I didn’t understand my mother’s scrupulous getting- ready routine– the hours on makeup and hair and clothes, sometimes just to go to the grocery store–until I came to live in the country as an adult. Now, I smile and enjoy the show and remember my mom.

leefoust August 27, 2015 at 9:00 am

Lovely. (But I think you mean “LOCK them in a glass case,” no?

M.E. Evans August 27, 2015 at 9:03 am

Sometimes my inner perv just comes bursting out.

leefoust August 27, 2015 at 9:26 am

We love you, Misty!

Threads & Blooms August 27, 2015 at 11:12 am

Great captures and beautiful style. Nice post!

Emily

Janet August 27, 2015 at 11:31 am

Misty – I love your appreciative attitude! And thanks so very much for taking time to capture these moments & share them with those of us who long to be there! It helps us to be able to “pretend” we can be like them, although we really know “Non e possibile.” As one of your “older” fans (I was a teenager in the 60’s and can’t believe I’m 66 already!) I’m especially grateful to you for including how the previous generation present themselves!! Will I ever stop caring? I don’t think the Italian women do……..

lilia August 27, 2015 at 1:49 pm

they look normal to me i don’t understand the hype around them lol

Bellavia August 27, 2015 at 11:34 pm

Probably depends where in the US you are @lilia. I’ve noticed a trend of Americans looking fab lately (People of WalMart is a land all itself…) but one of my expat friends from a state I won’t name took years in Italy to learn “her best going out jeans and sweater” weren’t cutting it against Luisa Spagnoli or even LiuJo. I see a lot of crappily dressed Italian women throughout the boot, but I think in general Italians dress much better for evening than Americans still do.

Bellavia August 27, 2015 at 11:39 pm

I wanted to add in my previous comment….anyone else notice Italian women seem to never sweat?? I run around the 35 C streets for appointments or whatever and feel like I could be one of Mr Kotter’s sweat hogs….lol….wiping my brow, smoothing my hair….I look around and all the Italian women seem as fresh as they did upon leaving their home. Not fair.

lilia August 28, 2015 at 8:58 am

i’m not american i’m french

bonniegm August 30, 2015 at 11:13 pm

Yeah, the non-sweating, fresh as a daisy look ~ sigh…it’s a combination of genetics and acclimating to the climate.

Wynne August 27, 2015 at 7:14 pm

Gorgeous! And it’s nice to see that Italians DO wear shorts…and sneakers.

bonniegm August 27, 2015 at 7:56 pm

I have been taking pics of women of “a certain age”, the group I belong to, because I adore how put together they look, now matter what the circumstance. Tricky though, trying to capture the look without appearing to be mentally deranged! LOL!!

bonniegm August 30, 2015 at 11:11 pm

To clarify – trying to take photos of people without looking like I am stalking them!

italyonmymind August 28, 2015 at 12:18 am

love this post! and the matching fluoro couple 9though the cigarette is not that attractive…there are so many smokers there)

Pecora Nera August 28, 2015 at 10:23 am

Italians love their fashion, this is why Mrs S goes mental when I leave the house in flip flops and jeans

Wynne August 28, 2015 at 5:41 pm

Well, Mrs. S. IS…sensible.

Lyn August 29, 2015 at 1:05 pm

Yes, they definitely have it. All of them. It is just natural instinct for them.

Tim August 22, 2016 at 5:27 am

Is it just me, or most people in Italy do have kind of natural taste for fashion and beautiful clothes?