Home living abroad Italy, Love It Or Leave It: Live Interview With Filmmakers Luca And Gustav

Italy, Love It Or Leave It: Live Interview With Filmmakers Luca And Gustav

written by M.E. Evans April 26, 2014

So, one of the best things in the world about this blog is that I get to meet incredible, inspiring people. This morning I was fortunate enough to interview two guys who are trying to give hope to the younger generation of Italians by telling them through their films that things can change and that people care about Italy and are fighting to improve it. These guys are using art to hopefully educate and bring change.

Italy, is a real country, with real problems that has resulted in a mass emigration of Italians to other countries in search of a future and a better life. This documentary asks the question, “Should we stay in our country and fight for it, or leave it?” It’s insightful and something that anyone who has an interest in Italy, whether it be their roots, their love for beautiful vacations, or the food, would enjoy. Check it out!

A Real Look At Italy

A Real Look At Italy

In this video I did a LIVE interview (I’m so bad at this stuff, I know, I know) with the film duo, Luca Ragazzi and Gustav Hofer, who brought us the wonderful documentary, Italy, Love It Or Leave It?, a film about young Italians emigrating from Italy and the many problems that Italians are trying to overcome in their country. SPOILER ALERT! If you HAVE NOT seen the film, skip from 38:20 to 42:09!  Click Here To Watch The Interview

Watch Their Movie Trailer Here: http://youtu.be/NnyFhSi5tPc

You Can Buy Or Rent Their Film Here.

Enhanced by Zemanta

Mani (A New Life Wandering) April 26, 2014 at 9:29 pm

My husband and I saw this movie at the Fullframe Documentary Festival in Durham, NC a few years ago and Luca couldn’t make it, but Gustav was there and he did Q&A after the screening. We loved the movie and we really liked Gustav too. We got a picture with him too. He has no idea who we are.
It’s cool that you got to interview them, I recommend the film to anyone with an interest in Italy and/or documentaries.

M.E. Evans April 28, 2014 at 7:35 pm

Really? That’s awesome! Yeah, they are really nice guys. I think that this film should be a MUST WATCH for anyone with an interest in Italy. I also found it really gratifying that they were talking about things that I touch on here. FINALLY! VALIDATION THAT I’M NOT CRAZY! LOL.

Federico April 26, 2014 at 9:47 pm

I can’t believe I didn’t know about this documentary! “Improvvisamente l’inverno scorso” was so well done, sensitive and humorous that I’m definitely looking forward to watch this (which is basically depicting my story). Thanks for sharing 🙂

M.E. Evans April 28, 2014 at 7:33 pm

Thanks Federico! It’s a great documentary! They are really great guys. Let me know what you think after you watch it!

M April 27, 2014 at 4:10 pm

Awesome that you got to meet them… I haven’t watched your interview yet, but I’ll do that now. I’m interested to see if you ask them what I would ask them… which would be… WHAT THE FUCK? I was a little upset by the ending. My marito laughed at me. Ah, Italia.
-M

M.E. Evans April 27, 2014 at 6:09 pm

I did. When my husband and I watched it we were both wondering why. WHY!? But in the interview they addressed it and it makes sense what they were going for. Lovely guys! I could have wine with them and talk all night.

SB April 27, 2014 at 8:41 pm

After I watched your interview I watched the film online and I loved it! I think you did really well live, you came across as warm and sweet 🙂 I wonder why Berlin though, since they already both speak English maybe London could have been an easier transition.

ilario April 28, 2014 at 7:58 am

Gent.ma Sig.ra Evans, la ringrazio di aver inserito questo post. Sono un insegnante e devo confessarle con un po’ di imbarazzo, che non avevo mai senti parlare di questo documentario.
Appena potrò lo farò vedere ai miei allievi.
Grazie, del suo blog e dei suoi interventi anche se alle volte un po’ crudi li trovo comunque educativi e interessanti perché come italiano mi costringono a mettermi in discussione e a non addormentarmi mai su abitudini consolidate, solo che per fare questo si ha bisogno di qualcuno dall’esterno che veda le cose con disincanto.
Continui sempre così

M.E. Evans April 28, 2014 at 4:05 pm

Grazie mille! Sono felice che ha piacuto questo blog post! E grazie per le belle parole!

I’ve Been Busy Lately: Where I Am When I’m Not Right Here | Living In Italy.Moving To Italy. Loving In Italy. Laughing In Italy. April 28, 2014 at 7:07 pm

[…] Interview With Filmmakers Who Brought Us The Documentary, ‘Italy, Love It Or Leave It,’ … […]

5 Hours To Go: The In-Laws Cross The Atlantic | Living In Italy.Moving To Italy. Loving In Italy. Laughing In Italy. December 16, 2014 at 4:08 pm

[…] Italy, Love It Or Leave It: Live Interview With Filmmakers Luca And Gustav […]