Home living abroad Street Style In Florence In October: Stalking People And A Day Out Embarrassing My Husband

written by M.E. Evans October 19, 2013

I spent the day out with my husband stalking people in the center of Florence. My husband finds it highly inappropriate to take pictures of people I don’t know and he followed me around whispering, “stop DOING THAT!”. He needs to loosen up a little bit OR I need to have a different attitude about documenting other people’s lives. Anyways, I took a variety of different people all rocking their personal style for fall in Florence, Italy. You’ll notice the men in Italy are dressed very well with perfectly coordinated outfits. The women are similar and most of them were sporting the standard black boot that is ever-popular in Italy every fall/winter. This is an excellent Italian style guide for traveling to Italy because magazines are usually more focused on Milan style and what celebrities wear. This is how real people dress in Firenze. I threw in a few pictures of the city too because it was a beautiful day and because sometimes when people would stare at me for stalking them I had to take a picture of a building or something to look “normal.”

Pecora Nera October 19, 2013 at 1:20 pm

I think you should have stopped the priest and interviewed him. 😉

M.E. Evans October 19, 2013 at 1:24 pm

That is an excellent idea! I shall do that next time for you!

Expat Eye October 19, 2013 at 2:51 pm

Congratulations! It’s so hard taking pictures of ‘real’ people! I do the building thing a lot but then end up with shots of the bloody building. 😉

M.E. Evans October 19, 2013 at 4:32 pm

Thanks babe! Yeah, it’s really obvious and there’s no real way to hide it. There were a few people who kept staring at me after I shot them but luckily nobody said anything. I learned recently that it’s actually Illegal to take pictures of children in Italy without consent from the parents. What an awkward thing to go to jail for.

Expat Eye October 19, 2013 at 6:50 pm

Even more awkward than going to jail for letting your husband bleed out while he sleeps 🙂

M.E. Evans October 21, 2013 at 9:11 am

Yeah. I don’t know how I would explain that I bled him out as a joke/revenge for making me go to the doctor.

chirose October 19, 2013 at 6:32 pm

I love Florence.! How fantastic that you get to live there..!!

Krystle October 20, 2013 at 9:12 pm

The priest looks like he is going out on a jaunty stroll/ mission to kill. I would take the mom’s outfit over the teen daughter’s any day. Love her shoes.

M.E. Evans October 21, 2013 at 8:45 am

I thought the same thing. Assassins or priests? We’ll never know.

21 Things You Should Know Before Moving To Italy (Or visiting Italy) | November 20, 2013 at 4:00 pm

[…] Street Style In Florence In October: Stalking People And A Day Out Embarrassing My Husband […]

Lexy March 31, 2014 at 11:03 am

Great blog and so helpful! Leaving for Florence on Friday and I’m a bit flummoxed. Are people still wearing tall black boots this time of year?

M.E. Evans March 31, 2014 at 4:13 pm

Yes! lol. Usually people will wear their “winter-ish” style until the end of April or beginning of May (or even mid-May). Their style changes with the fashion season more often than the weather season. LOL. So, yeah, you’re likely to see girls in shorts with tights under, and long sleeved shirts and jackets until then. It’s actually a huge irritation for Italians that Americans go with bare legs or arms “so early in the season.”

Claire October 12, 2014 at 10:17 am

So helpful! I’m heading to Florence this week and the temps they are forecasting are midsummer temps here in ireland. Will adjust my wardrobe and just sweat it out 🙂

Yasmine November 22, 2014 at 12:52 am

Hey your blog is really veryyy helpful!! i’m moving to Florence in a month, everything is fine till now concerning visa and stuff but the only thing i’m worried about is renting an apartment before I go there! I don’t know which website is trustworthy or agency ect… Do you have any good recommendations please :)? Thank you!! & I love all your posts!

BTM July 26, 2015 at 1:48 pm

This is INSANELY helpful! We are planning an Italian honeymoon end of October/early November and as an occasional fashion blogger, this has perplexed and stressed me to no end. Thank you for stalking these people in the name of street style!