HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE! Thank you, a million times for supporting me here, for commenting, for sharing my stories and yours, showing up, and being a part of this weird journey with me. YOU ARE THE BEST AND I CANNOT THANK YOU ENOUGH!
2017 was an incredible year in a lot of ways. I had some personal setbacks, recovered from a nervous breakdown, and all of that fun stuff. But, all of that panic, fear, depression, and tears triggered a lot of introspection, inspired me to get help, and now I’d say I’m the healthiest and possibly the happiest I’ve ever been. I learned a lot about myself and grew a lot as a human being. I learned how to communicate better and because of this, I will not kill my husband by way of fork anytime soon.
I traveled, so much, had a wonderful time and will be eternally thankful for the experiences I had on my journeys. I went to New York, Las Vegas, Italy, Hawaii, Salem, and Boston, just to name a few. I checked a number of things off of my bucket list, bought a wand in a wand shop in Salem, meditated on the beach in Hawaii, and thanked the universe for blessing me with the ability to see so much of the world and meet so many interesting people.
You guys know me. I basically travel to stalk humans in the world. I love watching people.
This is kind of how I ended up launching my travel podcast, Bad Travel. I love stories, I love to travel, I’m completely fascinated by people. Put that all together with my whacko sense of humor and you get a podcast about shitty travel experiences. No, it’s not Eat, Pray, Love. It’s better. It’s a great way to laugh with others, to relate to less than ideal circumstances, and to learn above all what NOT to do when jet-setting.
But 2017 is over. It’s come to an end and with that brings a new year, new goals, new hopes, new dreams, and new travel experiences. And, hopefully, a newer improved M.E.
My Travel Bucket List For 2018
- Croatia: I’ve been all over Europe and have somehow still not been to Croatia. This must change.
- Iceland: How have I never stepped foot on the land that created Bjork?
- Maui: I can’t get enough of Hawaii. It’s like a magical paradise of calm beauty that reminds us of what the world could be like if we stopped mucking it up.
- Dana Point, CA: Ladies trip mutha fuckas! I can’t wait to enjoy some sun and the CA cool with some of the greatest women in my life. Ladies I met in my weird journey in Italy during graduate school.
- Road Trip Through the Southern United States: You guys, I’ve NEVER been to the south. And I’m dying to visit New Orleans, South Carolina, Atlanta, the works! There’s so much to see and so little time. It has to be a road trip.
- Milan: I’ve never spent much time in the north of Italy but I’d like to (possibly) live in Milan in the future so, naturally, I need to stalk it out. Who wants to hang with me in Milano? Do some shopping? Take photos of humans? Wine? Things?
- Argentina: I want to take tango lessons in Argentina. It’s a thing I must do and I can’t explain why. I WILL DO IT.
- New York: Always on my list
- Florence & Rome: Also, always on my list because of FAMILY and well we spend a ton of time in Italy.
What about you guys? Where do you want to go, see, do? Tell me in the comments below! I want to know everything about your travel dreams for 2018! They can be as realistic or fanciful as you want. Dream big, yall (I’m practicing for my road trip).